Softron M|62e (8 Channels – 6 In and 2 out, Dongle Included)
- Record up to six and playback 2 channels (up to 60p) on one Mac.
- Portable high-density capture and playout device
- 8 channels (6 HD inputs and 2 HD outputs) all-in-one box solution for your Mac
- 4K compatible (Quad-link or single-link)
- Audio LTC input
- No transfer time needed (files are readily available)
- Ideal for Live productions requiring multiple camera ingest and playout channels
- A large number of codecs supported: Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD, XDCAM,?Ķ
- Support for MXF
- Multiple codecs & destinations
The M|62e is a hardware & software bundle tailor made for Thunderbolt capable Macs. Simply connect the M|62e box to one of the Thunderbolt ports of a Mac and immediately start ingesting and playing out eight HD channels (6 in and 2 out), or two 4K Channels at a cost significantly less than other multichannel solutions.
With the??M|62e, you can enjoy all the??amazing features of MovieRecorder??and the ones of??OnTheAir Video Express??in a certified hardware and software bundle. We have gathered what we think are the highest quality hardware components in order to ensure the best experience possible.
Recording is done using the included six licenses of MovieRecorder. Video clips captured using MovieRecorder can be edited during the actual ingest, making it very handy for live sports editing for example. Additionally you can schedule your recordings.
Playback is done using the included two licenses of OnTheAir Video Express (upgrade possible to OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Node). You can create playlists, mix and match codecs. The licenses are provided on a dongle, so it???s easy to move your M|62e from one computer to another.
The M|62e is compatible with 4K. You can use either Quad-link or Single link (12G) to ingest and playout 4K at up to 60 frames per second. When using 4K, you can ingest and playout only two channels (even in 12G) instead of 8. You can decide if you want to record two 4K channels, playout two 4K channels or do one of each. Additionally, if you have another video device, you could be using the remaining licenses with video source (on the same Mac).
The M|62e uses the state of the art DELTA-12G-elp-h 2c video card, which hosts eight independent channels that can be used either as inputs or as outputs. Two of these channels supports line rates up to 12G SDI while the others go up to 3G-SDI, allowing the solution supporting formats from SD to UHD. The 9th connector can be used either as a reference signal for playout or as an Audio LTC input for recording.
Supported formats and codecs
Check the list of supported codecs on our website on the MovieRecorder and OnTheAir Video Express pages. Note that depending on the Mac that you use, the format and codec, limitations may apply.
Number of simultaneous inputs supported?
With the??M|62e, depending on the Mac that you are using, the codec and format, you should be able to record and playout up to:
- 6x HD inputs + 2x HD Outputs
- 4x HD inputs + 1x 4K Output
- 1x 4K input + 4x HD Outputs
- 1x 4K input + 1x 4K Output
- 2x 4K inputs
- 2x 4K outputs
- 4x HD + 1x 4K Outputs
- 4x HD + 1x 4K Inputs
The 4K connection can be done using either quad-link or single-link.
- 6x licenses of MovieRecorder (ingest)
- 2x licenses of OnTheAir Video Express (playout)
- 1x Dongle with the software licenses above (no changes or splits)
- 1x Compact Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Chassis with 1x low-profile PCIe slot (Sonnet Echo Express SEL)
- 1x Video card with 8x configurable in/out + 1x Ref input (or Audio LTC) on Micro BNC connectors (DELTA-12G-elp-h 2c)
- 1x Full Height Bracket (so you can place the Video card in a “regular” PCIe slot)
- 9x BNC Female to Micro BNC (HD-BNC) Cable – 1′
- 1x Thunderbolt 3 cable – 1.5???
Device Dimensions and Weight (includes card)
- Height: 2.82 inches (7.16 cm)
- Width: 4 inches (10.16 cm)
- Depth: 8.42 inches (21.39 cm)
- Weight: 2.5 pounds (1.15 Kg)